Lodge User Rules and Regulations
1. 100 people is the maximum capacity for the main room as per fire code and the fire marshal. You must not exceed this number under any conditions.
2. The Lodge and its surroundings are a NO OPEN FLAMES AND NO SMOkKING ZONE. The exceptions are fires in the fireplace inside the Lodge and in the barbeque facility in the outside patio. The WMC Lodge is the last of the original log structures left in the Brighton area, the others having been destroyed by fire. Log structures are very susceptible to burning so open flames and items such as candles, gas cooking stoves, ”sterno” food warmers and the like are prohibited inside or around the outside of the Lodge to preseve it. NO SMOKING signs are posted in and around the Lodge. The Lodge and its property are “smoke -free” and smoking is prohibited everywhere on Lodge property. This includes in the Lodge, on the porches and patio, in the parking lot or anywhere within the property boundaries of the Lodge. Because of potential fire hazards, failure to comply may result in you being asked to vacate the premises immediately. Guests may smoke down on the asphalt parking lot of the Brighton Resort – and please don’t litter the remains of your smokes there.
3. Do not use nails, staples, screws or hooks to hang decorations. The use of tape for this is suggested. Do not remove emergency signs, WMC club pictures or disturb the Lodge possessions. Please respect locked doors and cabinets.
4. Treat the Lodge and the Lodge furnishings with care and respect. Please return all furniture and equipment to its original location. This applies to the upstairs, downstairs and outside patio area, as well as to smaller items such as dishes, utensils, brooms, buckets etc. If permission is given to move furniture outside the Lodge, all furniture must be back inside the Lodge before dark. No furniture can be left outside overnight due to theft or weather concerns.
5. Lodge users are liable for damage and/or theft . Please report all damage and theft to the caretaker and the Lodge Use Director. The cost to repair damage and/or to replace items will be charged to the user by placing it on the credit card number supplied with the reservation.
6. The WMC Caretaker has living quarters in the Lodge and may or may not be on the premises during your entire use period. It is expected that all users will comply with the Caretaker’s requests concerning the Lodge and the surrounding property. If necessary, you may be asked to assist in snow removal during your use period.
7. Do not arrive or enter the Lodge earlier than the dates and times stated in your User Confirmation. You must vacate the Lodge no later than the dates and times stated on your User Confirmation letter (usually emailed upon approval of your reservation). Failure to do so may result in additional fees. This is to assure that users before and after your use are not denied their paid-for time.
8. The Lodge water comes from a local well, tested regularly for purity, safety and potability. To assure water is available for toilet flushing, turn on a faucet and verify that the water is flowing before you flush the toilets . Do NOT put trash of any kind into the toilets.
9. During the winter, users are expected to keep ALL doors and emergency exits free of snow and blockage to assure adequate emergency evacuation, as required by the fire codes. Shovels are provided for your use in this matter. Please keep the water hydrant clear of snow (25 feet west of main door).
10. Please supervise children at all times. No one is allowed to climb or slide on the roof due to safety and damage potential. The area on the bathroom side of the building is for the exclusive use of our caretaker who lives there. Please respect his space and do not allow persons in your party to enter this area.
11. All loud noise, music and general “partying” should end at midnight. Lodge users are requested to respect the privacy of others staying at Brighton Resort.
12. The glass screen MUST be returned to the front of the fireplace prior to going to bed or leaving the Lodge to prevent burning materials from causing fires outside the fireplace. Please do not leave a fire in the fireplace or coals on the grill unattended!
13. Remember to lock the main door whenever everyone leaves the lodge or when you retire for the night to protect you, your possessions and the Lodge. Please keep all opened foods either in the refrigerator or in closed containers.
14. No pets are allowed in Big Cottonwood Canyon or on the Lodge property.
15. All personal items left at the lodge will only be held for 72 hours after you vacate the Lodge. You must contact the Lodge Caretaker and make arrangements to retrieve your forgotten items.
16. User agrees to read and follow the rules and regulations for Lodge Users and provide the Wasatch Mountain Club Foundation (WMCF) with a copy of Home Owners, Renters or Organization Liability Insurance Policies. Proof of Liability insurance information must be in the name of the person making the reservation. In signing this agreement the lodge user agrees to take responsibility for following the Rules and Policies of the WMCF.
17. The person who made the reservation or their representative whose name has been given to the Lodge Use Manager prior to use, shall be present at the time of the use and available at all times during the confirmed use period. He or she is responsible for assuring that those using the Lodge treat it with care and respect and follow the User Rules and Regulations. This person is responsible for the Lodge clean up and signing the Lodge Clean-Up Check List. The list can either be printed off from our website at the time of the reservation or copies will be provided at the lodge in a Lodge Use binder. The Clean Up Checklist must be signed and left in the kitchen when you exist the building. All trash MUST be removed from the Lodge and deposited in the dumsters OFF the Brighton Resort property.
19. Parking for the Lodge. There is limited parking at the Lodge. Additional parking during the summer is in the Brighton Ski Resort parking lot west of the Brighton Lodge. There is no parking at the Lodge during the winter as the access road to the Lodge is under the Birghton Ski Resort ski runs. During Ski Season ( November to June) overnight parking for the Lodge is in the Brighton Store parking lot in Brighton Village (between the parking signs) for a Maximum of 24 hours without movement. Violators can be towed by Brighton Village. Parking in the Brighton Ski Resort after it is closed for the night may result in towing by the Resort. This is to allow the Resort to plow the lot before it opens in the morning. Parking in the Resort lot during the day is permissible.
20. The access code to the Lodge key Lock Box which stores the key to the Lodge will be provided 1 week before the use period if all fees and deposits have been received by the WMCF.
21. In case of an emergency DIAL 911
22. The use of tents is prohibited anywhere nearby the Lodge by the U.S. Forest Service, upon whose land the Lodge is located.
23. The land where the Lodge is located, is part of the watershed for SLC water supply, and washing or disposing of material in the streams or on the ground is prohibited. Lodge users must use the toilet and washing facilities in the Lodge. Not doing so may result in the Lodge user group being asked to leave the Lodge immediately.
24. The use of personal snowmobiles or other over the snow vehicles is prohibited by the Brighton Resort on their property. The area around the Lodge is Brighton Resort property leased by the U. S. Forest Service and is under the control of the Resort.
25. For Day Use Only users, the user is prohibited from entering the second floor of the Lodge for any reason. This use fee catagory is for main floor use only. If the second foor is used, the full use fee may be back charged to the credit card of record.